Monday, June 11, 2018

Final Notice

Guest Rambler:
Hindy Koval, age 14
Final Notice


I kind of gave up on my school work because the school year is almost over. We also have nine finals so I needed to save my brain space on finals.  


Scrambling on a Tuesday night at 9 p.m. I decided to get ready for my algebra test.  I thought I knew it considerably well until I opened my binder and saw that none of my notes or my review sheets were there. I was extremely frustrated! A lot of the material was taught before state testing and I didn’t really remember it. I definitely thought I would fail. 



I started crying, not knowing what to do with myself. I went to my friend’s house and she gave me the review sheet that I was missing. I opened it up, and was not able to fill in even one answer. So I gave up and went to watch the Cavs game instead and my friend taught it to me in school. 



I took the test, thinking I would be shocked if I got above 65% and forgot about it. 



That night, I had to study for a geometry test that I felt more confident about. I knew I had to study hard because I had a D+ in honor’s geometry (which for the record is not good) and I wanted to raise my grade. 



So I opened up my notes and started studying. I knew every single problem on the sheet. I had such a sense of accomplishment, knowing that I knew it. Especially because I knew how it felt being that 24 hours before that I couldn't answer one problem on the algebra review sheet! I said to myself, I will be shocked if I get under a 90% on this one. 



I started taking the geometry test the next day and I did not know it at all! I usually finish my tests in 30 minutes or less. But with this test I went over my break time. 



So I thought I failed my algebra test, and I thought I got 100% on my geometry test. 



Let's just say, G-d has his own plan. 



Because on the algebra test that I "knew" I failed, I got an 80%. And the geometry test that I "knew" I aced, I got a 54%. Ouch!



There is a saying, “man plans and G-d laughs.” Having said that, I definitely did have to try my best. But no matter what, G-d always has the final say.



Shabbat Shalom,
Hindy Koval