Friday, May 20, 2011

Guest Rambler: Chris Rosenthal - Stay Tuned!

Special guest rambler: Chris Rosenthal

in honor of Max's Bar Mitzvah:

Stay "Tuned!"

In 1998 I was working on the 104th floor of the World Trade Center. One night
I woke up in a
sweat... heart pounding... covers kicked all over the place. Obviously
Karen was woken up. She asked what was wrong and I told her I had a
really bad nightmare..... that the World Trade Center fell down. In my dream
it completely
fell over and touched the Hudson River.... and I was in it as it was
falling. The Trade Centers were built to move 3 feet in either
direction due to the high winds up there, and the head of the trading
floor always told us, "Nobody goes home early until the desk drawers open
and close by themselves!" Well, this was too close for comfort, as I was
already there in 1993 for the first WTC bombing. Being a big believer in
angels,
and always going with my gut instincts, I told Karen I wanted to move my team
and business out of the city. It took almost a full year as we changed firms,
entered new contracts, etc. We ended up in Morristown, NJ in 1999. Two years
later, as we were all
sitting in front of our "Bloombergs," the red tape hit the screen that the
Trade Centers were hit. My two partners looked at me with jaws hitting
the ground, saying that I got them out of there.

Ok, I obviously didn't predict "that" was going to happen... But I believe
100% that I received
"forewarning" and glad that I listened to the signs... Perhaps the moral of
the story is, Stay "Tuned...!"